Saturday, May 3, 2008
Ohhh Noooo
Ummm....what happened to Silverchair? Daniel Johns used to be the cutest thing when he looked like a girl. Now he looks like a gay Justin Timberlake (especially when he does that little dance thing bare chested under a vest w/ the Village People mustache). Their past 2 albums are just not them. It's like they completely switched genres. I bought Diorama without hearing it first because I loved Silverchair so much, I just knew I'd like it, but I ended up having to force myself to like it (a few songs did stick with me though & even this song has a catchy chorus). I know they've changed tremendously over the years, but come on. Is this what's "happening" in Australia? I know they're still like one of the best bands there & they win a lot of awards over there & everything. They are known to be unique & Daniel Johns is considered a musical genius (in Australia). They were always one of my favorite bands & when they came to FL recently (I was recovering from a c-section) I was sooooooo upset that I couldn't go see them! It bothered me for a long time because they never come to the states & I kept thinking that was my last chance...that they'll break up after this or something. But after seeing this (plus his divorce from his gorgeous wife Natalie Imbruglia)...Daniel doesn't really seem like he's "walking on a straight line" anymore...if you know what I mean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment