Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Whole New View

I got contacts! Yay!
I decided not to do the Lasik thing because I don't want to take the chance of being blind for the rest of my life & not being able to correct it. I read too many bad things about it. The optometrist said I'd probably be a good candidate for it. He also said that he was wearing contacts, so I asked him why he didn't get Lasik. He said he was too chicken...that it could mess up his eyes. That's enough for me not to want to do it.
I also got some no-frame transition glasses. They kind of look like you're not wearing glasses until you get in the sunlight & then they change & look like sunglasses but without the frames. Kind of like on the commercial.
Every time I get new contacts/glasses I expect to have superhuman sight or something. I think, well I can't see those words that are about a mile away...maybe my prescription is wrong... Then the doctor tests my sight with the new prescription & I actually see better than he thought I would. Well, if I can't be Superman, I guess I'll settle with just being Lois Lane.

No comments: