Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meeting Famous Poker Players

While walking through the Bellagio, Casey noticed that they were filming for the World Poker Tour. We lucked into walking by just as everyone was coming out at the end of the day. We were looking for famous poker players that we knew (which Casey loves poker, so we watch it all the time on TV) & as Casey went to go look around the other side, "The Godfather of Poker" Doyle Brunson walked out! So I was jumping up & down yelling for Casey & luckly Doyle was slow (he's a old man w/ a walker) so Casey came over & I shook Doyle's hand & asked him if he was doing good...he said "yeah!". Then they told us to keep moving because kids couldn't be hanging around the gambling area! Ahh! So as we were walking away I turned around & there was Phil Hellmuth booking it right around us! (He's won the most major tournaments & considered one of the best poker players today!) He was going so fast I didn't get a chance to say anything. (A guy in front of us was like "do you know who that was?!" I said "yeah! Phil Hellmuth!" he said "he's like the best poker player ever!") So I was freaking out & my heart was pounding & in all this I forgot my camera! I was so mad! I wanted to go back to see more, but the kids were tired & everything so we left. But just incase I saw anyone I kept my camera in my hand! As we were waiting for our car at the valet, Casey goes "hey I think that's Mike Sexton!" So I went up to him & asked him his name & it was! He's a poker player & the announcer for World Poker Tour on TV. So I quickly took his picture & he said "don't you want to get in it w/ me?" I said "ok!" He said "you, your husband, your baby" Then he said "the beauty in the middle" So Casey got in the middle. haha ok so I got in the middle. He was so nice! Scott took a pic of me (I look horrible!) & Casey, then offered him a ride. hah! He drove a Lincoln by the way...not really what I thought a guy like him would drive...
I didn't get pictures of the biggest Poker stars that we saw, but dang it, at least I got someone!
It was the coolest thing ever! Our 1st night on the town & we lucked out!
(except for the fact that they canceled all the free shows that we went to see due to high winds!) oh well...next week! (sorry Scott!)

No comments: